Your air is our business. You’ve got a lot of moving parts in your life, so let us fix the ones in your heating and cooling system. Cooper’s Plumbing & Air covers a wide range of services and boast on-time service every time. After all, Tallahassee, FL deserves it.
Is your air moving well but just too humid to handle? Check out our dehumidifier installation service.
What Is an Air Handler Anyways?
Air handlers are a crucial part of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. Their main role is to circulate the conditioned air throughout your home. Air is pushed by a fan or blower motor through an air handler that properly directs air through your heating and cooling system.
Most systems push air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
What Problems Could Cause my Air Handler to Break Down?
We want you to know ahead of time what you might be up against. But properly maintaining your system with regular maintenance checks is the best way to avoid these.
- Clogged air filters
- Cooling coils clogged by dirt and dust
- Worn or faulty fan belts
- Blower motor burn out
Air handlers and air filters are closely related. It doesn’t help to circulate dirty air. Check out our air filter services for the best quality air.
Why Should I Schedule Routine Maintenance for my Air Handler?
There are many benefits to scheduling regular air handler tune-up including:
- An annual inspection of a heating and cooling system is the most cost-effective method to avoid potential problems that may warrant the need for serious repairs or even having to replace the unit altogether.
- Blower motors burn out as the motor begins to wear. A regular inspection of the blower motor is necessary to assess the function and efficiency of the motor, including any changes in speed and effective output of forced air through a system.
- Over time, fan belts deteriorate and become faulty. The fan belt is a major part of a blower. It is best to replace fan belts as soon as they begin to show signs of wear to avoid more severe complications.
- Cooling coils clogged by dirt and dust should be cleaned regularly and air filters should be changed regularly.