At Cooper’s Plumbing & Air, we want to make sure Tallahassee, FL has the best, quickest, and most thorough service possible. We strive to provide multiple options for all of your heating and cooling needs so that you can make a decision based on what ideally suits your situation.
Need service right now? Then give us a call anytime, we offer emergency services.
What is a Heat Pump?
Heat pumps are a two-way heating and cooling system that compresses and decompresses air to cool or heat your home or business space. During colder months, the pump extracts heat from the ground, water, or air. Since heat is always present in the atmosphere, the pumps can still absorb heat at very low temperatures. The heat pump will transfer heat inside during colder weather and will expel hot air to the outside in warmer weather.
Why Should I Install a Heat Pump?
- High efficiency: heat pumps use renewable energy sources. Utility costs will be much lower because you are not permanently depleting anything in the environment.
- Cash incentive: The government encourages eco-friendly heating by providing money to those willing to diminish their carbon footprint. Additionally, tax rebates are also available.
- Improved air quality: Heat pumps don't create smoke or emit any fumes. The filters clean and purify the air by removing dust, mold spores, odors, smoke, and other particles.
- Clean: Heat pumps prevent condensation from forming, which is particularly helpful for properties that struggle with their floors or walls sweating.
- Precise: Heat pumps allow for maximum control over your interior climate.
In general, heat pumps are considered to be safer than most heating and cooling systems. If you are still concerned about your air quality but not willing to commit to a new system, check out our air filter replacement service.
What Makes a Heat Pump Energy Efficient?
Since these devices are so efficient at moving heat instead of having to generate it, they are 75% more efficient than traditional heating and cooling. Well maintained heat pumps require significantly less electricity to transfer the hot and cold air as you need it. Also, heat pumps transition flawlessly, so switching from cold to hot is as easy as the press of a button. These pumps also work quickly, so you can expect a room to heat up or cool down within a few minutes.