Your drains transport waste water out of your home. When you experience a clogged drain, you may be concerned about water damage, leaks, and not being able to use the facilities in your home. Luckily, drain clogs are a common issue that our technicians are familiar with. We can quickly clean your drains to offer you lasting results.
When you need drain cleaning services in Bainbridge, GA, Cooper’s Plumbing & Air is committed to providing you with unbeatable service. You can be sure you’re getting an accurate and lasting repair all at a price you will love.
Clogged toilets can be a huge inconvenience. Our experts can get your toilet back up and running fast with clogged toilet repair.
Signs You’re in Need of Drain Cleaning
Although clogged drains are a common issue, it doesn’t always mean that it will be an easy fix. Many homeowners are tempted to use store bought methods that could damage their drains. Sometimes, DIY methods end up doing more harm than god. Here are some signs that you have a drain clog:
- Slow Drains: Slow drains are a sign that your drains have a clog. If you fill your tub or sink with water and find that it takes a while before they drain completely, call us.
- More than One Clogged Drain: If you have more than one clogged drain in your home, this could mean that there’s a plumbing problem deep within your drains.
- Frequently Clogged Drains: If you fix a clogged drain only to find it clogs again right away, the problem could be a hard to reach clog lodged deep within your pipes.
Why Hire a Professional for Drain Cleaning
When it comes to clogged drains, most homeowners in Bainbridge believe that they can easily fix the issue on their own instead of calling a professional for drain cleaning services. This isn’t always the best idea. Many homeowners choose to buy chemical drain cleaners that seem to treat the clog but could also cause corrosion and leaks in your pipes. It is likely that these drain cleaners are not clearing your drains completely.
Another household method homeowners try is using a drain snake to clear the clog. While this tool certainly helps when used by a professional, it can damage your drains if not used correctly. That’s why it’s best to have this service performed by a professional, like the ones at Cooper’s Plumbing & Air, who are experienced in drain cleaning.
Water leaks can be damaging to your home. We provide water leak detection services.
What You Can do to Prevent Clogs
Although most cases require a professional touch to completely clear a clog, there are steps you can take to keep your drains working at their best. Here are some things you can do to keep your clogs in good shape:
- Refrain from throwing unresolved food down your drains. This includes coffee grounds and grease that can stick in your drains and cause blockages.
- Use hair catchers and strainers over your drain openings to prevent hair and other substances from being accidentally flushed down your drains. These small investments can save you a ton in repairs.
- Run hot water and detergent down your drains to keep them clean. If you do this regularly, it will assist in preventing clog formation.