Looking For, Air Conditioners Near Me?
When summer heat hits, you want a new central air conditioning unit to help you stay cool all season. Trust your air conditioning installation to Cooper's Plumbing & Air. We’ve been providing quality and on-time service to the Tallahassee, FL area for more than a decade.
Need air conditioning repair or replacement? Contact our experts today!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
When your air conditioner is on the fritz it can be difficult to determine if you just need a repair, or if you need to replace the unit. If you notice these symptoms it can signal it’s time to have a new air conditioner installed:
- Your air conditioner is more than 15 years old.
- Your energy bills are increasing due to a loss of efficiency.
- Your home or building is not getting to the desired temperature.
- You’ve had multiple repairs on your existing unit.
- You need a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Your AC unit leaks.
- You’ve noticed strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with the motor.
- You notice cold air being produced by the air conditioner, but it’s not blowing out as it should be.
You might also want to opt for a newer model if you desire a more energy-efficient AC unit. Newer air conditioners use less energy, make less noise, and help trim your utility bills.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
Having a new air conditioning system installed can have several advantages. For one, it can bring peace of mind knowing you likely won’t have an untimely breakdown in the middle of summer, or require frequent repairs to keep it functioning. A new AC unit also brings other benefits, including:
- Increased energy efficiency. The newer system will use less energy to operate.
- Maximum indoor climate control. New units will be able to keep up with the demands, allowing your home or building to achieve its desired temperature.
- Improved indoor air quality. Newer air conditioning units will have new filters and equipment, providing better air quality in your home or building.
- Longer shelf life. More modern AC units will last longer than older models.
- New technology and features. In addition to more energy-efficient capabilities, newer air conditioners also come with the latest technology and features.
Looking for an alternative to a traditional air conditioning system? Learn more about Ductless Mini Split Systems.
How to Save Money on Your Home Cooling Costs
Running an air conditioner can increase your energy bill. While installing a new energy-efficient model can reduce your expenses, there is still a cost. You can lower your energy bill by following these tips:
- Make sure your home or building is properly insulated.
- Replace the air filters regularly. They should be changed at least every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance on your air conditioner. Having the unit inspected and tuned up at least once a year will help it run more efficiently.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees so you’re still comfortable but using less energy.
- Replace your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Close your drapes on sunny days to keep some heat out of your home.