Every minute counts when a plumbing, heating or AC emergency strikes your home. To restore comfort to your home when the air conditioner or heater goes out, or to limit the damage of a plumbing emergency, you need professional services immediately. Cooper’s Plumbing & Air offers 24-hour emergency services in the Tallahassee, FL area. Trust your emergency repairs to the local company that’s been servicing the area for more than a decade.
Need a plumbing repair? Learn about our plumbing services!
Why a Burst Pipe Is a Plumbing Emergency
A burst pipe can cause a plumbing emergency that can wreak havoc on your home. This is because when a pipe breaks, at first a small amount of moisture escapes from the damaged area. As the water pressure continues to build, the hole will become larger. Soon, hundreds of gallons of water can fill the lower levels of your home. This can cause water to seep into the walls, insulation and electrical wiring. This water damage can cause mold and mildew to grow, resulting in poor indoor air quality.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
When the temperature drops, you want to ensure your heater is functioning properly. It’s important to watch for these signs that can indicate your heater needs to be repaired:
- Your home or building isn’t warming up.
- Heat is not being evenly distributed throughout your home.
- The unit starts to make loud or unusual noises.
- Your utility bills start to increase without any change in use.
- You notice thermostat issues.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
If you notice any of these issues, you should schedule an appointment with an HVAC professional immediately.
Avoid a plumbing emergency by using our drain cleaning services.
Common Air Conditioner Issues
Florida summers can be hot and sticky. When the temperatures rise you don’t want to be stuck without a functioning air conditioning unit. To ensure your system is functioning properly, call a professional when you notice any of these problems:
- The unit doesn’t produce cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting.
- You are unable to control the temperature in your home.
- Air is not flowing through the vents properly, causing your system to work harder than it needs to.
- Your home is not cooling evenly, causing hot and cold spots.
- Moisture is leaking from or around the AC unit. This can be refrigerant, so it should be inspected by a professional.