Let’s face it, there is never a convenient time for your furnace to go out. When you’re shivering in your home on a cold winter day, call Cooper's Plumbing & Air for your furnace repairs. Servicing theTallahassee, FL area for more than a decade, our furnace experts will inspect and repair your furnace quickly and accurately.
Not sure if you need to repair or replace your furnace? Learn more about our furnace installation services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
When the furnace goes out, we typically question why. What signs did we miss? What symptoms were signaling that the unit was going to breakdown soon? To prevent the inconvenience of a broken furnace in winter, watch for these signs that can indicate your furnace needs to be serviced by a professional:
- Short cycling: If your furnace short cycles - or runs for less than 3 minutes at a time before shutting off -- it can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger. It can also signal that your thermostat needs to be recalibrated.
- Irregular flames: If the flames in your furnace are uneven or leaning towards the back of the furnace, it can indicate dirty burners or a cracked heat exchanger. This can signal a potentially dangerous situation, as a cracked exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Unusual sounds: Unusual sounds like rumbling, popping or whistling coming from your furnace can signal an issue that needs to be professionally inspected.
- Cracked heat exchanger: If you suffer from frequent headaches or flu-like symptoms, it can signal carbon monoxide poisoning from a cracked heat exchanger. This requires immediate attention, as carbon monoxide leaks can be very dangerous.
How to Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
One way to trim your utility bill in the winter months is to make your furnace more energy-efficient. You can do this in the following ways:
- Installing a programmable thermostat.
- Making sure your air ducts are in good working condition.
- Ensuring your property is well insulated.
- Scheduling regular maintenance checks.
- Regularly changing your filters.
- Letting sunlight into your home during the day to help heat the house.
Is your house not heating properly? Contact our experts about our heating repair services.
Why It’s Important to Keep Your Furnace Properly Maintained
While it’s important to keep your furnace properly maintained to keep your house comfortable in the winter months, there are also other advantages. Having your furnace serviced regularly can ensure the unit is working properly, which can make sure your home and your family are safe. It also helps keep the unit operating at its full capacity to ensure maximum comfort. Receiving regular maintenance can also ensure your furnace has a long life-span and continues to operate efficiently.