Home emergencies should never be taken lightly. Plumbing emergencies can cause severe damage to your home every minute they go unattended. A malfunctioning heater can create frozen pipes, and a broken cooling system can cause discomfort for your entire household. When these issues arise, give us a call - we answer the phone 24/7! Cooper's Plumbing & Air provides 24-hour emergency services to the Bainbridge, GA area.
Are you stuck showering in cold water? Learn about our water heater services.
How to Prevent Clogged Toilets
While having a clogged toilet can be an inconvenience to your household, it is also considered a plumbing emergency. Backed up toilets can cause severe property damage and the overflow of sewage can cause health issues. You can prevent clogs by following these tips:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Don’t dispose of large wads of toilet paper into the bowl.
- Don’t flush paper towels down the toilet.
- Avoid flushing beauty products like Q-tips and other hygienic products.
- Don’t flush hair trimmings or nail clippings.
To avoid flushing the wrong items, keep a waste basket near the toilet for easy disposal.
Symptoms that Indicate Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
Don’t get caught without a fully functioning heating system when the temperature drops. Instead, be proactive by being aware of what signs can indicate your system needs to be repaired. These can include:
- Your home or building isn’t warming up.
- Heat is not being evenly distributed throughout your property.
- You hear loud or unusual noises coming from the unit.
- You notice an increase in utility bills without any change in use.
- You experience thermostat issues.
- You notice leaks in your ductwork.
If you notice any of these issues, you should schedule an appointment with an HVAC professional.
When your cooling system malfunctions, contact us about our air conditioning services.
Common AC System Issues
Florida summers are hot and humid. You don’t want to get stuck with a malfunctioning cooling system when the temperatures start to rise. Watch for these symptoms that can indicate problems with your unit:
- The system doesn’t produce cold air, even when the thermostat is turned to the lowest setting.
- You are unable to control the temperature in your home or building.
- Air isn’t flowing through the vents properly. This can cause your system to work harder than it needs to cool the property.
- Your home or building is not cooling evenly, creating hot and cold spots.
- You notice moisture leaking from or around the AC unit. If you see moisture you should call a professional to inspect the issue, as this may be refrigerant.