All the cool kids...don’t sit in a humid house! Your family’s comfort is our priority here at Cooper’s Plumbing & Air, and we strive to keep your home air system running how it should every day of the year. That’s right, every day, even in Tallahassee, FL.
If you are more concerned about the air flow of your property than the humidity, check out our air handler repair services.
What Could Go Wrong With my Dehumidifier?
Faulty dehumidifier? Cooper’s Plumbing & Air is here to help you troubleshoot the problem. Common issues with dehumidifiers include:
- The reservoir can fill up from the moisture it saps from the air.
- Electrical circuits can be blown.
- A refrigerant leak could occur.
- Frozen evaporator coils are also a potential problem. Temporary freezing is usually not a serious issue. However, if there is always ice on the evaporator coils, then it’s possible that the room temperature is too low for the particular model.
What Maintenance Does my Dehumidifier Need?
Just like your HVAC system, your dehumidifier needs regular maintenance too. Following these three steps will ensure your system runs safely and efficiently:
- Have the system filter changed on a routine basis.
- Inspect the condensate coils regularly.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.
Need help keeping your dehumidifier in good working order? Call Cooper’s Plumbing & Air for a tune-up!
Think you may need a humidifier instead of a dehumidifier? Read about our humidifier installation and repair service.
Why Should I Get a Whole-Home Dehumidifier?
Installing a dehumidifier can help correct the following problems that comes with living in a hot and humid area:
- Air conditioning your space while humidity levels are high can cause you to have clammy skin.
- High levels of humidity can cause mold and bacteria (odors) to grow in your system.
- While air conditioners do remove some humidity, they cannot keep up with it on a large scale.
- Cold air in a humid area can cause walls and floors to sweat.
- Less moisture inside of your home or building, then your central air conditioner doesn’t have to work nearly as hard, which will decrease your monthly utility bills.
Dehumidifiers will eliminate all of those problems. They will absorb the excess moisture in the air to balance the comfort of your home, keeping it cool and dry. These are a must have in the Tallahassee region!