Do you have hard water? Have you noticed crystals at the end of each of your faucets? Or hard water stains in your appliances? Hard water can cause a lot of damage to your pipes and appliances. To combat this - and to increase the lifespan of your appliances - you need a functioning water softener. Call Cooper’s Plumbing & Air for your water softener repairs and installations. In business for more than a decade, we have the expertise to resolve your plumbing issues all across the Tallahassee, FL area.
Before you take on a bathroom remodel, learn about the bathroom remodeling services our experts provide.
What Are the Benefits of Water Softeners?
Water softeners can provide a lot of benefits to your home, especially if you have hard water. Some of the advantages they bring include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware.
- Softer and cleaner feeling hair and skin.
- Less housework by eliminating the need to remove soap scum from the shower or tub.
- Softer fabrics, as they no longer have hard minerals trapped inside of them. Your fabrics will also last longer, and stay brighter.
- Longer lasting water-using appliances, such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters.
Water Softener Maintenance Tips
To keep your water softener functioning properly, it’s important to keep it well maintained. Some maintenance tips to follow include:
- Add rock salt to the unit on a regular basis.
- Clean the system at least once a year.
- Have your unit inspected by a certified plumbing technician regularly.
When you need routine maintenance or an installation, our experts can provide complete plumbing services.
Signs You Have Hard Water
Hard water can cause damage to your appliances and plumbing, so it’s important to properly treat it. Some signs that can indicate you have hard water include:
- Spots on glasses: If you notice spots on your glassware after washing them it can indicate you have hard water.
- Low water pressure: If you notice your shower head and faucets have low water pressure, it can signal there is a buildup of minerals that is clogging the fixtures. This can be a sign you have hard water.
- Faded clothing: You might have hard water if you notice your clothes are starting to fade in color and are starting to wear out.
- Irritation: Hard water can make your skin feel dry and your hair brittle.