Remodeling your bathroom can be exciting when you think about the finished product. However, getting their can be a headache if you don’t hire the right contractors. Trust your bathroom renovation to Cooper’s Plumbing & Air. For more than a decade we’ve offered clients superior service. We proudly offer appointments throughout the Tallahassee, FL area.
Need plumbing repairs or installations? Contact us to learn about our plumbing services.
Plumbing Issues to Consider During a Remodel
When undergoing a bathroom remodel, your focus might be on the new fixtures, vanities, shower or tub, but it’s important not to overlook the importance of the plumbing and pipes. Before starting your remodel, consider these potential tasks:
- Pipe rerouting: This can be done to correct fractures or other obstructions.When doing this, it’s important to consider the slope of the bathroom and other issues.
- Detect leaks: Once leaks are detected, a plumber can determine how to best repair the issue. If a pinhole leak is found, it can indicate that there may be need for a pipeline spot repair, or perhaps a replacement.
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Shower
When remodeling your bathroom, you might be torn on whether or not to keep your current shower or replace it with a newer model. Some signs that can indicate you need to replace the unit are:
- Aesthetics. If the shower no longer fits your new design or style or might want to replace it.
- Outdated. If the shower is old you might want to install a newer, more modern unit.
- Easier access for an elderly family members. As you and your family age, you might need more accessible shower styles to accommodate your health and needs.
- Visible surface damage. If there is visible damage - such as cracks -- on the shower it can be time to replace it.
- Leaks. If the shower leaks it can signal you need a new model.
Is your shower drain slowing down? Learn about our drain cleaning services.
Types of Showers to Install in Your New Bathroom
When selecting a new shower for your bathroom, you have several choices. Some of the options include:
- Electric showers: These energy-efficient models can be used with any type of water system.
- Mixed showers: These popular models mix the existing hot and cold water in a home or building with a special valve. These are typically easy to install, and work well with any type of water pressure.
- Thermostatic mixer showers: These models use a pre-set control device to ensure that your shower is the exact temperature you want it to be. These showers will detect any sudden changes in water temperature, ensuring you never have to deal with unexpected bursts of extremely hot or cold water.