Here at Cooper’s Plumbing & Air, your emergencies matter to us. And we believe the best way to prevent an emergency is to maintain your system the best we can. Help us help you by scheduling a maintenance check-up today. We look forward to serving you!
Interested in a temporary, smaller air conditioning system? Look at our ductless mini split AC system installation service.
What Problems Are Linked to Evaporator Coils?
The following are some common problems which indicate the evaporator coil could be to blame:
- Refrigerant leaks: Trained technicians will need to fix the leak, test their work, and charge the system with coolant. Simply adding coolant will not solve the problem.
- Frozen coils: Evaporator coils are cold, staying around 32° F. If water stays on the coils for too long it will freeze, which can cause blockage.
- Unpleasant odors: Evaporator coils also help to control bacteria growth in your system. If your system becomes and stays too moist, bacteria and mold can grow and be circulated through your home or business.
What Basic Maintenance Does my Evaporator Coil Need?
Evaporator coils need maintenance too! Doing the following makes sure your evaporator coil stays in good shape:
- Keep the coils clean and dry.
- Debris that comes in contact with the unit should be removed immediately.
- Service your unit before every summer season..
- Check for clogs or leaks in your air ducts..
- Clean or change air filters on a routine basis to additionally help to prevent any issues with your system and improve the overall quality of your air.
Blocked filters can also be dangerous, as they can be suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly, which can cause the fan to jam and potentially overheat and may even result in a fire. Look into our air handler services if you think this may be a concern.
Why Would Timely Service Help my Evaporator Coil?
Have our professional show you what your evaporator coil is when they are inspecting your unit. That way, you’ll be more able to assess and care for your system. Here are some reasons why you should pay attention to your evaporator coil.
- Savings: Early detection can be the difference between repair and replacement. Repairing evaporator coils under warranty is the cost-effective choice if you have a minimal problem. If the repair costs exceed half the cost of a replacement coil, installing a new one is likely the better option.
- Comfort: Regularly replacing or repairing evaporator coils ensures that comfortable air will be readily available at all times.
- Energy reduction: Your AC may continue to run if the coil fails, so keeping it in good function will keep your system eco-friendly and efficient.