When seasons change you need your heating and cooling systems to be fully functioning to keep your property comfortable. For all of your heating and cooling services, call Cooper’s Plumbing & Air. We’ve been serving the Donalsonville, GA area for more than a decade. We hire top-notch contractors to have your heating and cooling issues repaired to ensure we get the work done correctly the first time to save you time and money.
We provide the following heating and cooling services -- and more -- to the Donalsonville, GA area:
- Air Conditioning Repair & Replacement
- Heating Repair & Installation
- Furnace Repair & Replacement
- Heat Pump Services
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
We strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction. Read our testimonials to see what our clients are saying about us!
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
It’s important to have your heater functioning properly when the temperature starts to dip. Before you’re caught in the cold this winter, make sure you’re proactive in getting the necessary repairs before the cool season starts. If you notice these signs, you should call a professional to have your unit repaired:
- Your property isn’t warming to the desired temperature.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your home or building.
- Your heater starts making loud or unusual noises.
- Your utility bills increase without any change in your usage.
- Your thermostat is malfunctioning.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
How to Keep Your Furnace Properly Maintained
To prevent your furnace from breaking down in the winter months, it’s important to keep it properly maintained all year. Following these steps can help ensure your unit is in good working order when you need it most.
- Schedule a yearly inspection: Have a professional inspect your heater in late spring or early autumn to ensure it’s working well before winter arrives. This will allow the heating contractor the opportunity to diagnose and repair issues before they cause larger problems or breakdowns later.
- Replace filters regularly: Dust, pet dander and other particles can build up in filters. Changing filters at least every three months will help remove these particles from your furnace.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor: Carbon monoxide can be dangerous - even deadly -- in your home. Monitors can help detect and warn you against leaks. Wipe away any dust that has accumulated on the device and ensure the batteries are changed regularly.
- Have furnace ducts examined: Ducts should be examined by a professional to ensure they are properly sealed and won’t leak hot air.
- Check the blower: Have a heating contractor inspect the blower to make sure there are no obstructions, or if it needs to be lubricated.
- Inspect the inside of the furnace: Professionals should check the inside of the furnace for rust, holes and separated seams.
- Clean the burners: Contractors should clean the burners to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot: Experts should clean the sensor and pilot to ensure the device operates effectively.
- Check the gas meter: Professionals should check the “high limit” on the furnace to prevent it from overheating.
- Keep the furnace area clean: Keep the area around the furnace clean and unobstructed for safety and accessibility.
We provide full heating and cooling services to the Donalsonville, GA area. Contact us to learn more about our services!
Why Air Conditioner Maintenance Is Important
Maintaining your air conditioning system is key to ensuring it functions properly during the hot summer months. In addition to making sure your unit runs cool, there are other advantages to keeping your AC system in good shape:
- Your unit will run more efficiently and economically.
- Your AC system will cost less to operate and it will provide maximum climate control when you need it most.
- You will have better indoor air quality.
- Your property and your family will be safe.
- Having professionals inspect your unit will help catch minor issues before they become larger.