Having safe water to use and to drink in your home is important to your family’s overall health. That’s why you need a water filtration system that functions properly. Trust your system to us. Cooper’s Plumbing & Air has been solving household plumbing issues for more than a decade. Call us for service in the Tallahassee, FL area.
Are you looking for an alternative to a traditional water heater? Learn more about tankless water heaters.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are many options when it comes to water filtration systems. Take a look at some choices, along with some of their pros and cons:
- Charcoal Filters: These are widely used and are typically low in cost.
- Sediment Filters: These help with homes that use well water.
- Water Distillers: These models use energy and typically have slow production. They remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from the water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This option removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals, and creates bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These add a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: This option destroys germs.
- Magnetic Water Filters: These filters reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared Water Filters: These passively reshape water structures.
- Catalytic Water Filters: This type uses resin bead coatings to target specific toxins.
What Type of Maintenance Do Whole-Home Water Filters Need?
It’s important to keep your water filtration system properly maintained to ensure it is working properly. Follow these tips to keep your water safe:
- Regularly change the carbon filters.
- With a reverse osmosis system, clean or replace the membrane. Service the pump that creates water pressure as needed.
- Clean the components involved with the water distillation process.
- For systems that have them, replace ultraviolet bulbs as needed.
Do you have hard water? Contact us to learn more about our water softener services.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
You may experience issues with your water filtration system that may require professional services. Some problems you might encounter include:
- If you forget to change the filter in a carbon filtration system, it can cause the system to stop performing as expected.
- The pump used in a reverse osmosis system could develop issues that can diminish your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less frequent problems, it typically takes longer to do its job properly.