Slab leaks can cause damage to your home. The trouble is, they can be hard to detect until it’s too late. Don’t risk your foundation and property. Let experienced professionals inspect the area and diagnose the leak. Cooper’s Plumbing & Air has more than a decade of experience serving the local area. Call us for your foundation and slab leak detection and repairs in Tallahassee, FL.
Not sure if you have a leak in your home? Learn about our water leak detection services.
What Is a Slab Leak?
A slab leak can be a hidden danger to your property. This type of leak is one that takes place below the concrete foundation of a home or a building. Unfortunately, this can go unnoticed for a long time, as it causes serious floodwater damage to your property, destroys your lawn and wrecks your piping system. This leak can also produce mold and mildew, which can potentially cause health issues if not treated immediately.
Causes of Slab Leaks
Slab leaks can cause major issues to your home. So, what leads to these hidden leaks?
- Corrosion from soil chemicals
- Erosion from long-term vibrations
- Pressure from human error or shifting ground
- An issue from a construction project
- Poorly installed piping system
Is your sump pump malfunctioning? Don’t delay before getting it repaired. Contact us about our sump pump services.
Signs You’ve Got a Hidden Slab Leak
Slab leaks can cause major damage to your home before you’re even aware they exist. To detect a leak early, watch for these signs that can indicate you have an issue:
- Your water bill increases without using more water.
- You hear the sound of running water, even when all of the faucets are turned off.
- You notice specific areas of the foundation are hot or cold.
- You see visible signs of damage, such as cracks in the base of the walls or along the foundation.
- You see mildew or mold growing.